Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Girl Adventure

Today was Claire's turn for an adventure with Omi.  We went to JoAnn Fabrics and shopped for a piece of fleece to make the top of a snuggly blanket for her.  It was so fun to watch her look at all the different patterns and decide which was best for her.  She looked at Hello Kitty and butterflies and flowers, and the one she chose was little girls of all different ethnic backgrounds.  The photo doesn't show it, but she is all decked out with a scarf and everything - so fashionable!  We stopped for a treat after our shopping.

I'll talk about the fleece blankets more later, when I can attach photos of all of them.  My Aunt Phyllis inherited a lot of fleece fabric and shared enough with me to make a blanket for all 5 of the grandkids and their dollies.  I got the fabric last week (thanks Rynda) and have made 4 so far.  I'm giving my cutting hand a little break and thinking about a new pair of scissors!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On your advice I made a blanket for Silas. I used a rotary cutter which might be easier on your hand than scissors.

Annie Docken said...

Rynda, I'd love to see it!