Saturday, December 7, 2013

Feel the Sun

This is something profound that I read today.  I think I've even read it before, and it was profound then too.  Will someone tell me how I need to handle putting this on my blog.  Do I need to list the author, or ask for permission to put it here, or not put it here at all?

So this is what I'm going to do.  I'm going to live in the body God made me, not because it's perfect but because it's mine.  And I'm going to be thankful for health and for the ability to run and move and dance.
And this is what I'm not going to do.  I'm not going to hide. I'm not going to bow out of things I love to do because I'm afraid people won't love me when they see my body. 
This is the promise I'm making: I'm not going to be ashamed of my body.  I'm not going to let a lifetime of shame about my body get in the way of living in a rich, wild, grateful, wide-open way.
I'm not going to give in to the cultural pressure that says women's bodies are only beautiful when they're very, very small.  I'm going to take up every inch of space I need.  I'm going to practice believing that I am more than my body, that I am more than my hips, that I am more than my stretch-marked stomach.  I'm going to allow my shoulders to feel the sun instead of making sure I'm covered and out of your view.

No comments: