Thursday, December 12, 2013

Countdown to Christmas

Enjoying the fruits of our baking labor - Gingerbears with awesome red hot eyes & hearts.
Our manger scene - this year we added a lamb and a donkey.
Daycare Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest.  Pick a winner, would ya?  (fyi - the kids would rather call it a Silly Christmas Sweater Contest - ugly is such an, um, ugly word, they say)  When shopping for the Mieska Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest (for adults), I couldn't resist sweaters for the kids!
Claire wanted to have a pic with Mara and their Christmas gear, but Mara was having none of it.  Our sweet little Mara has found her voice, and she is not afraid to use it!
Brody poses with me at his first Christmas pageant at his school/church.  He had a speaking part as a 3 year old!  Pretty impressive!  (What will we give to Jesus this Christmas?)  He did so great!
My sweet cleaning lady gave me a box of chocolates.  Isn't it ALWAYS fun to get a box of chocolates?  I thought the kids might feel the same way, and started them early in this experience!  Step 1 - show them the box.  Step 2 - open the box and let them look inside.  Step 3 - let them choose one.  Step 4 - watch them eat and enjoy them.
I'm not positive, but I think they enjoyed it!
They all chose the same kind!

Max made his last about 12 bites.  I have learned that if I am going to give them these crazy kind of sweet treats, to do it right before nap.  They can, hopefully, rev up and come back down before they wake up.  Sorry, Maverick and Mara, I didn't think you were ready for this yet!

No comments: