Friday, October 22, 2010

Funny Friday Story






Took Brody and Claire to Target and the Library this morning. While strolling the aisles in Target, we passed the children's clothing section (shocker). No kidding at all, Claire spotted on the rack a pair of pants that matched the hoodie she was wearing. She pointed to it and said "more, please" enough times that I knew she wanted it! Guess that's my first experience of Grandma Shopping! So, we bought them. (Oh, they were on 50% off clearance rack - is that a sign of her shopping prowess?) When we were checking out, a gal and her two tweens got in line behind us. I kind of thought, oh no, pressure to get out fast; how am I going to accomplish that with two in the cart? The gal said, "we picked your aisle so we could watch the show"! They wanted to interact with the kids while I checked out! How awesome. They put on a little show for them, needless to say. They worked pretty hard to get a smile from Brody. After their naps this afternoon, Claire saw the new pants and her hoodie hanging on a chair in the dining room. She reached them and dragged them into the sunporch to me. She would not rest until I took off her outfit and put on the new pants with her hoodie. Attached is a photo. I'm sad to report that Brody went on this trip with Claire's pink and purple Robeez because his mama forgot his shoes today. She has a lot to remember every day! Diapers, socks, extra outfits, long sleeved, short sleeved, burpers, washies, meds, bibs, food, formula, bottle, paci - you get it! Anyway, that is my funny Friday story - I never said it would be short! (Oh, also included photos of Claire and Brody at my house at the new table and chairs, and one of them in their matching jammies (courtesy of Gina!). Please don't get frustrated with my sideways photos - I worked way too long trying to figure out how to turn it and I just couldn't make it happen.

2 comments:

SM said...

A little fasinista.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!

Loriann