Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Shout Out to My Team

     I had the flu on Monday.  Kinda hit me in the middle of the night - didn't know what to do about the kids.  In my old life, I would have called in sick and spent the day on the couch!  I plowed ahead, got ready and headed up to pick up Max and Claire at their house.  Got home with them and I felt worse.  They had Alpha Bits for breakfast with a glass of milk!!  I wondered how I would manage when baby Mara and Maverick arrived (figured Brody would be good with ABCDs (as they call them)).  Luckily PAPA hung around to help out.  Barry dropped off the boys and Heather arrived a little later with Mara.  Thankfully AUNTIE HEATHER decided to work from my house for the morning, so she helped out with the babies and keeping C, B, and M busy.  I got Maverick and Max down for a nap and Heather put Mara down and then I rested on the couch while GG took Claire and Brody to her house to fill the birdfeeders, then Claire went with PAPA in the tractor for the rest of the morning.  Then AUNT BONNIE arrived early to help out and play with the kids as well!!  She entertained Brody and Max, Maverick and Mara while I worked on getting lunch ready.  They were able to spend a lot of time outside, it was a beautiful day!
     I sure do appreciate my team of loving helpers.  I made it through the day, the kids had a good time, everyone ate and slept, all is well with our little world!

No comments: