Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ranting and Raving

Did you ever think about that saying?  Really, it must mean you are free to do a little ranting, as long as you end with raving, so guess I'll try it.

Saturdays - what a blessing and a curse.  I tend to think ahead about taking it easy.  After all, I have a cleaning service and I don't have any kids living at home anymore.  Shouldn't really be all that much to do on a weekend, right?  Here is a list of just some of the things I have done today.  I'm not bragging either, I'm sure you did most of these this weekend as well!  Laundry and ironing.  Putting away all the clothes I've worn all week that I didn't put away or wash during the week.  Going through the mail from the week, paying bills, balancing checkbooks (2 of them), catching up on tithing to church.  Sorting magazines to throw, share or save.  Going through my "gift room" and writing down all the things I have already purchased for Christmas, birthdays and Halloween (including a lot of books) - then wrapping some.  Putting away my Target purchases from earlier in the week.  Making a list for more shopping.  Picking up plastic hay bale wrap at the elevator in Lonsdale, picking up Jeff's prescriptions at the pharmacy in Lonsdale, picking up a few things at the grocery store in Lonsdale, picking up stamps at the Post Office in (you guessed it) Lonsdale, forget to pick up book on reserve at library in Lonsdale.  Bake side pork for lunch and meals during the week.  Put in a roast and ribs to slow cook in the oven (it's cold out, the heat will feel good).  Check my email and facebook 25 times.  Sort pills for the week.  Start a couple of craft projects for gifts.  Order charms for Jeff's neck chain with M for Maverick and M for Mara engraved on them.  Blog some new pics (I really just needed to sit down for a little while as I'm fighting a cold).  Refill all the toilet paper containers.  Scrub toilets.  Empty all wastebaskets and burn the garbage.  Organize some projects for the kids for the week.  Replace room fresheners.  Talk on the phone to Bethanie about 6 times.  Make lunch and eat lunch with Jeff (sorry, no time for coffee breaks).  I'm getting so tired....
Wait, I forgot the raving part!
I got to hold and kiss Claire this week (extra attention when she wasn't feeling good).  I got to hold and kiss Brody this week (extra attention on Friday when we were alone together).  I got to hold and kiss Max this week (and hear his new words and watch his new "attitude").  I got to hold and kiss Maverick this week (and see him roll over a few times - and smile a few hundred times).  I got to hold and kiss Mara this week.  I got to go shopping a few times.  I got to enjoy some out-of-doors fall weather.  I got a Shutterfly and Snapfish book in the mail this week!  Part of my birthday present from the Parks came in the mail - a new charm for my necklace for Maverick and for Mara.  The sun is shining.  My jeans still fit. 

1 comment:

Bethanie said...

I have to call you on the weekends to keep you in line and make sure you're staying busy and not getting bored!