Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Loving Heart

Claire is mixing up a cake to take to our nephew, Nathan's, house.  Nathan is going through chemotherapy.  We are taking dinner to their family tomorrow night.  I was telling Claire about Nathan and that is why we were baking the cake and dinner.  She told me three different times today how sad she was for Nathan.  I asked her if she wanted to pray for him and she dropped her spoon and folded her tiny hands and prayed, "Dear God, please help Nathan and make him feel better.  Amen."  She wanted to know if he had to have shots and if they hurt him.  She thought for sure that they would like the dinner and cake we were going to take them and that it would make him feel happy.  She added the sprinkles to the frosting on the cake (her idea, I'd never done that on chocolate frosting), thinking that Nathan would really like sprinkles.  She is so little, and yet already has such a loving heart.  I think she will not forget making a cake for someone that is sick so that they would feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, I love her sweet heart. I pray that God uses this special girl in BIG ways!!

Whitney