Friday, March 25, 2011

My Funny Morning






The events of this morning are too funny (to me) not to post! I have only Broden today, and am at his house. He went down for an early nap, so I took the opportunity to take a wake up shower in his mama's bathroom.
First of all, they have a safety duck on the water spicket that I couldn't figure out, so I had to crank it off to get the water to divert to the shower head. Ooh, doesn't that hot water feel good, relaxing and yet reviving? OK, gotta wash the hair, so grab what looks like it could be shampoo (no glasses on, and not my stuff in the shower) and lather up the hair. Going great. Now, something to wash my face with, this stuff looks right, smear some on and - oo, oo, oooooo, fire and ice are burning my skin and eyes! (post shower with glasses reveals some type of icy Biore scrub) Well, that was no fun, but onward. One of these (16) large bottles must have some body wash in it - go for it. Nuf said.
Anyway, shower over, time to fix hair, apply mousse, feels different, what type of mousse is this, oh, mousse sunscreen, that explains the way my hair feels.
Pour some cheerios in the bowl, go to add milk - seriously, 8 drops of milk left. Do I pour it on the cereal? Of course, too late to give up now, I've already poured the cereal in the bowl, right? Try my darnedest to eat it (I am a Mieska, right?), but I CAN'T DO IT. I know, I'm sorry Grandma Edna, I just CAN'T EAT THIS HALF DRY, HALF SOGGY CRAP. On to something else. (Daycare aside - in case you were wondering - Brody is taking a nap through all this!)
Coffee brewing - way time for a cup - things are looking up!
Spoke too soon, I was going to add a few recent pics to make this blog worth looking at, but my camera battery died while browsing. I'll charge it up tonight and add them to this post tonight! They're real cute, one of Papa holding Claire AND Brody on his lap while feeding them a box of animal crackers at the farm. One of Max in such a cute outfit (right before a noteworthy blowout).
Making lunch for myself after Brody goes down for his nap. Opened can of tuna and drain while searching for Miracle Whip. No way, no Miracle Whip? What is up with my kids (Josh and Bethanie) they don't eat Miracle Whip? Putting tuna into tupperware for them to eat at some later date, I can't eat tuna without it. OK, now what to have for lunch?
I'm going to do a self-pedicure after lunch, do you worry for me??

3 comments:

SM said...

Yes, I worry.

Bethanie said...

Oh my goodness, I'm laughing so hard! First off, there are about 5 different bottles of shampoo (weird, but true) in the shower, how you struck out so badly is beyond me. Plus the beauty of that ice face wash is that it wakes you up in the morning! Secondly, sorry about the milk, it's too much of a pain to go to the store during the week with Brody. Thirdly, there is a huge bottle of Miracle Whip light in the fridge plus a regular size container, both in the door...perhaps the fact that they are in new packaging threw you off cause Miracle Whip redid their logo (perhaps you haven't bought a bottle in recent times). I must say, I only have that crap for Barry though since I proudly eat Mayo!
And lastly, your nails looked nice, so I assume your last effort went just fine.

Bethanie said...

Also, the duck bath faucet protector is easy to work around for the shower. I can give you a little shower operation 101 next time you're over!